1. All teams must be ready to play ½ hour prior to scheduled game time.
2. All teams must be registered with USSSA and have their roster posted on-line. Tournament fees must be paid prior to first game of Tournament.
3. Admission fees will be charged at all Tournament sites unless otherwise noted. It is the responsibility of the coach to notify spectators of this policy.
4. Team coolers will not be supplied by the Tournament. One team cooler is permitted in the dugout.
5. Home team will be decided by coin flip in all Pool games. In all seeded games, highest seed will have their choice including Championship Games
6. Baseballs will be provided by the Tournament host. Both teams are to have designated persons to retrieve foul balls on their side of the field.
7. Game roster (current roster signed by players and parents) must be submitted to the site directors prior to the first scheduled game. Rosters cannot be changed once the Tournament begins. Corresponding Birth Certificates must be in team Managers’ possession at all times during the Tournament. Eligibility questions will be referred to the USSSA State Director. Any ineligible player identified prior to the start of the Tournament will be expelled. Any ineligible players identified after the start of the Tournament will force expulsion of the entire team. (Tournament director and/or State Director will rule in Special Circumstances).
8. Line-up cards must be submitted to the Home Plate Umpire and opposing team prior to the start of the game. Cards must contain players’ first name, last name, and number.
9. Base Umpire is the official ScoreKeeper of ALL Games. The Score is kept on the Umpires Card/Signed off by Coaches after each Games
10. Home/Visiting Coaches must confirm final score to the Base Umpire immediately upon completion of the game.
11. Official Major League Baseball with USSSA Rules/Bylaws applies to all Tournaments unless otherwise noted.
12. All Managers/Head Coaches must meet with the Base Umpire immediately after the game to confirm score and innings pitched.
COACHES SIGNATURE SIGNIFIES THE SCORING/INNINGS PITCHED OFFICIALLY FOR THAT GAME!!
13. Speed Up Game Rules: A-1 & A-2
A-1 CONTINUOUS BATTING LINE UP
Courtesy Runner for the Catcher or Pitcher of record only the previous inning may be used. The Courtesy Runner shall be the player that made the last batted out. If the last is the
Pitcher or Catcher go to the next player in the batting order. If no outs have been recorded in the game, the Courtesy Runner shall be the previous batter not on base or the last batter in the line up. If the team batting has not played defense yet and a Courtesy Runner is used for the Catcher or Pitcher, the player that was run for must assume the Catcher or Pitcher position as announced for when taking defense. This scenario only applies in the first inning for the visiting team. Can only run one time per inning for the Catcher or
A-2 BATTING ORDER WITH LISTED SUBSTITUTES
At any time, the offensive team may use a Courtesy Runner for Catcher and Pitcher of record the previous inning on defense. The Courtesy Runner must be a player not presently in the line-up. If no players not presently in the line-up are available, the Courtesy Runner shall be the player making the last batted out. The re-entry status of the Courtesy Runner Catcher and Pitcher shall not be affected by this rule. If at any time, a Courtesy Runner is determined to be ineligible, a proper replacement pursuant to these rules (if available) will be used without penalty.
13. B. Announce all intentional walks.
In 8U machine pitch you can intentionally walk ONE player per team per game
13. C. Only 1 Offensive Time-Out per inning.
14. International Tie-Breaker Rules - If the game is still tied after regulation time (or innings), then the International Tie-Breaker shall be put into effect once completing the last inning of the tie. The new inning shall begin with the last player to have an official at-bat in the previous inning shall go to 2nd base to start the new inning with no outs, balls, and strikes. The game shall be played until conclusion of a winner.
Note: This rule applies to ALL BRACKET GAMES, except the championship game.
This rule is MANDATORY in SC events.
Note: Pool Play Games can end in a tie
15. Tie Breaker Guidelines: 1) win-loss record 2) head to head 3) fewest runs allowed (all games played) 4) run differential 5) USSSA Points 6) coin flip
16. Tobacco – No tobacco of any type will be permitted at any USSSA Baseball Sites. Only smoking in the Parking Lot will be permitted.
17. Fighting will result in immediate ejection.
18. Sportsmanship — All coaches, players, and fans are expected to be respectful of the opposing team, the Umpires, the Tournament Staff and the facility. Head Coaches / Team Managers are responsible for the behavior of all Assistants, players and fans both on and off the playing field. If a fan is ejected, the Head Coach/Manager may be ejected also. Any Coach ejected from a game must sit out the next game. If it’s the last Tournament game it will apply to the first game of the next Tournament in which your team participates.
19. Rain - Out Policy – If a game is cancelled due to weather: 8u-12u, 3 innings (2.5 w/ home team leading) is a complete game. 13u-18u, 4 innings (3.5 w / home team leading) is a complete game.
20. Protests – Protests will be allowed for age and pitching violations or rule interpretations only. A Pitching protest may be filed at any point after the pitcher in violation records an out beyond his legal limit AND while the pitcher in violation is in the game and in the pitching position. If such violation is the last recorded out of the game, the Protest must be filed prior to the Umpires leaving the field of play. Protests must be declared to the Umpire/Site Director before the next pitch following the dispute. The protest fee is $100.00 and must be given to the Umpire/Site Director immediately. The fee shall be returned only if the protest is upheld. Judgment calls cannot be protested.
21. All catchers in ages 9U-18U must wear a catchers mitt during play. The catcher shall wear all appropriate protective gear including a catcher's helmet with face mask and either a built-in extended throat guard or a separately attached throat guard, chest protector, shin/ or leg guards, protective cup. In age divisions 8U - 12U, the catcher's helmet shall fully cover both ears. Age divisions 13U - 18U (EXCEPTION) can use skull cap with face mask and throat guard.
22. ALL Players including Substitutes must be on the Full Lineup Card prior to game time start. CONTINUOUS BATTING LINE-UP (All Players) Any player (s) arriving after the game has begun, shall be added to the bottom of the batting line-up. When using the continuous line-up and a player has to leave the game for any reason, that position in the line-up becomes an OUT when that at bat comes around. 9U - 14U when using a line up with substitutes a (EH) extra hitter can be used. 15U - 18U when using a line-up with substitutes and not using a (EH) extra hitter, the use of a (DH) Designated Hitter may be utilized.
23. Pitcher must be on pitching rubber before taking signs. Must take signs from his catcher only.
PENALTY: If coach continues to give signs to his pitcher umpire to issue him a warning. If he continues after the warning place coach in his Dug Out.
24. Bat Boys/Girls are NOT permitted in events. Only Coaches, Teams, Umpires allowed on field for safety of all.
COACHES- The number of coaches allowed out of the dugout: ONE coach on defense and TWO coaches on offense
25. 14U must Play with -3 Bats in all Lexington/Columbia South Carolina Events ONLY
EJECTIONS- If a coach is ejected from a game, he will sit out the remainder of that game PLUS the following game. If a coach is ejected in the last game of the tournament. he will have
to sit out the 1st game of the next tournament at any location.
South Carolina Global World Series Information
All South Carolina teams playing in a USSSA World Series must play in 4 South Carolina/North Carolina USSSA baseball events to play in the State Championship or Global World Series. Only the South Carolina State Director can wave these requirements.
The 2021 Spring Events Schedule is now online! Choose from over 42 weekends of Baseball in South Carolina | Eastern, GA!